given the special Corona situation, the lecture will be fully virtualized and run online. For tutorials, though, would like to hear your opinion. The tutorials are a combination of office hours (where you can ask tutors clarification questions) and... Read more
given the special Corona situation, the lecture will be fully virtualized and run online. For tutorials, though, would like to hear your opinion. The tutorials are a combination of office hours (where you can ask tutors clarification questions) and exercises that you work on in the group. This can either be offline (in-person) in one of the big lecture halls with significant distance between each other (approx. 2m) or fully virtualized as well. To get an estimate on how many types of tutorial we should offer, I appreciate your input in the following Doodle.
You can vote "Yes" (implying you want to have them online only), "If-need-be" (you don't care) or "No" (offline only).
I apologize for the weird way of welcoming you to the lecture, but we require your input here.
Foundations of Cybersecurity 1
Students learn foundational security principles, basics of cryptography, network and network security, as well as privacy-preserving mechanisms. They learn to define security goals and are familiarized with the most common attack scenarios.
The lecture happens every
Monday 12-14 in GHH Tuesday 10-12 as a virtualized lecture. The tentative schedule is as follows:
- 3.11.2020 - Organization, Information Security Goals, Legal Aspects in Germany
- 10.11.2020 - Basic of Crypography 1: Historic Ciphers and Symmetric Cryptography
- 17.11.2020 - Basic of Crypography 2: Hashes and MACs, Asymmetric Cryptography (Diffie-Hellman, Elgamal)
- 24.11.2020 - Basic of Crypography 3: Asymmetric Cryptography (RSA), Public Key Infrastructure
- 1.12.2020 - Authentication
- 8.12.2020 - Network Security 1: LAN, WLAN, ARP, and DHCP
- 15.12.2020 - Network Security 2: IPv4, IPv6, Routing
- 5.1.2021 - Network Security 3: UDP, TCP, and Firewalls
- 12.1.2021 - Network Security 4: DNS and DNSSEC
- 19.1.2021 - TLS, HTTPS, and Certificate Management
- 26.1.2021 - Network Security 6: Denial of Service and Anonymous Communication; Database Privacy
- 2.2.2021 - Web Security